Sunday, October 12, 2008

Daily Fixes

Just before I'm about to head off to school each morning, and after I put on my blue creased shirt and heave my heavy bones to the mess of a kitchen to eat something.

And that something is supposed to give the energy to turn on whats left of my brain cells in school. So, in theory, this daily fix is essential to getting a mark.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Tea is the most likely thing I'd drink in the morning. I enjoy everything sweet, so I put three to four spoons in my cup - my parents are wondering why I still haven't got diabetes.

I only take Lipton, sometimes add milk, and never prefer it cold. Except iced tea, but since when was that tea anyway. I even put some tea to drink in the car on the way to school, and thats how I usually end up with a messy uniform.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Hot chocolate was something I used to drink some time ago. Problem with it was that it needed a microwave, and that was always busy in the morning heating up bread or sandwiches.

It was good while it was still an addiction, and I'm sure I'll return to it someday. Until then, its only a drink in the afternoon when my stomach isn't overwhelmed by chocolate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Cereal was never one of the options when we arrived to Jordan. The prices of the edible cereal here was way over the top and the only alternative was either oats or normal cornflakes - both were quite vile.

Oats, or shufaan, was one of the things I used to eat most of the time. Unfortunately, it would usually be piled with sugar to the point the healthy part of ceral didn't make sense anymore.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Eggs, along with the normal Jordanian breakfast is usually on the table these days. Humus, foul and some other food is piled on the table, along with bread of course.

As great as this breakfast may be the first time, eating the same thing over and over again not only results in a bad stomach but a really bad taste.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And sometimes the tables empty and I'll just eat anything in the fridge and then hurry off to school. The rest of my empty stomach would probably be continued in school - usually.

So what do your breakfasts contain?

6 comments:

  1. man ur posts are always inspired by my greater ones. u only got the idea to make a post about breakfast after u read my post abt cereal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cereal, for sure. Otherwise, i will get constipated and the results of that are very bad i can write it here:(.. I eat Weetabix or Muesli(from carrefour), then i might eat a sandwich, but going without a breakfast is s no-no option for me since i started working.
    Then a must, cup of coffee when i arrive to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite breakfast is a cup of milk mixed with Nescafe and three spoons of sugar.I prefer also to have some buisuits with it.Thanks for the nice post Khaled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry..I meant to write biscuits:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khalid: Your post had nothing in common. Some facts you copied from the internet?

    Bilal: You should try Bran varieties, they are made for constipation. I, on the other hand, need the opposite.

    Eman: I have never liked coffee, I took these genes from my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khaled,I wrote Nescafe,not coffee. I have the same genes as you and your mother:)

    ReplyDelete